Law of Associations describes some of the laws which regulate the association of individuals who band together to carry on a business. The type of association chosen will depend on a number of factors such as taxation advantages, the ability to limit liability, and the need to obtain access to capital externally.
Individuals may choose unincorporated and incorporated non-profit associations, partnerships and companies.
This course aims to introduce students to the types of associations and examine the advantages and disadvantages of the structures chosen.
The course also includes a critical analysis of leading cases in the UK as well as an examination of the Companies Act 2006 and other relevant legislation.
Topics covered include:-
- Key terms and expressions (Termini chiave nel diritto societario inglese)
- General overview of the UK Company Law (Aspetti principali del diritto societario inglese)
- Different types of business structures (Le diverse tipologie di impresa in UK)
- Incorporation of a company in UK (Costituzione di una società di capitali inglese)
- Shareholders’ rights (Diritti dell’azionista)
- Directors’ powers, duties (Poteri, obblighi e responsabilità degli amministratori)
- Case law
For further details send an email to email@example.com to express an interest in this course scheduled for 2017.4
Further details are also available on our website: The Law of Assocations – Company Law to Partnership