This masterclass will introduce participants to the day-to-day practicalities of civil litigation in the UK.
The topics covered in the course are:
- General issues
- Jurisdictional issues -original and appellate
- the logistics of commencing an action;
- the various interlocutory steps between the commencement of an action and the hearing stage, including discovery and inspection and the issuing of subpoenas;
- evidence in relation to procedural matters;
- the logistics of “running” a matter including judgement and enforcement of judgment;
- elementary drafting principles, including practical drafting of documents;
- mediation and alternative dispute resolution
This entry was posted in Civil Litigation, Legal Institutions, Uncategorized and tagged Accounting, Admission, Appeal, Apple, Assessment, Assets, auditor, Auditors, Balance of Probability, Bankruptcy, barrister, Beyond Reasonable Doubt, Bologna, Brexit, Business accounts, client, Commercial Transactions, Confidential Property, contracts, Copyright, Counsel, Creditors Petition, criminal law, Cybersquatting, Debtors Petition, Debts, Defence, Design, Domain names, ELSA, ELSA Bologna, ELSA Europe, ELSA GREECE, ELSA ITALY, ELSA ROME, ELSA Trieste, Esperti contabili, ethics, Evidence, export, financial advice, Franchising, freight, frieghtforwarder, House of Lords, ILEC, import, Incoterms, inglese giuridico, inheritance tax, Injunction, Insolvency, Intellectual Property, intestate, iphone, Juries, law, Law Society, ledgers, Legal English, Liquidator, Londra, Misconduct, New York Convention, notaio, notary, Notice of Motion, Objection, Ordine commercialisti, Passing Off, Patents, Practice and Procedure, Property Law, QLTS, QLTT, Question of Fact, Question of Law, Retention of Title, Revenue, Risk Management, Rome Convention, solicitor, Solicitor Regulations, SRA Authority, Statement of Clam, Statutory Demand, Succession, Supreme Court, tax, Taxation, testate, trade, Trademarks, transfer pricing, transport, trusts, Unsatisfactory professional conduct, Vienna Convention, wills, Witness statements.