Philosophical and economic underpinnings lie behind Intellectual Property Law.
The law of intellectual property includes the areas of copyright, design, patents, confidential information, business reputation and trademarks.
In the Intellectual Property Law Masterclass, we will be studying key policy issues, the rationale and role of intellectual property law.
We will examine the overlap between areas of protection, the growing importance of obligations under international treaties and the interaction of intellectual property law with other areas such as competition law and contract law.
For each category of intellectual property, we will be learning about how the rights arise, the nature of the rights protected, ownership and exploitation. Finally, we will study infringement types and what remedies are available to owners of IP.
In particular, the Masterclass will cover: –
- Introduction and history of intellectual property
- International aspects of intellectual property protection
- International Treaties & UK statues and the system in the US
- Common Law principles and the protection of intellectual property
- Copyright principles and protection
- Copyright Assignment and Licensing
- Copyright Infringement, Defences and Remedies
- Industrial Designs & Requirements for registration
- Infringement of Design, Defences and Remedies
- Patents principles and protection
- Infringement of Patents, Defences and Remedies
- Confidential information and principles
- Remedies for breach of confidential information in contract and equity
- Defences for breach of confidential information and Remedies
- Business Reputation and principles in the action of passing off
- Misrepresentation, Association, Sponsorship and endorsement
- Trade Marks elements and principles
- History of Trademarks at common law and international conventions
- Classes of designated goods and services
- Trade Mark registration and elements necessary for registration
- Grounds for opposition to registration
- Licensing of Trade Marks
- Infringement, Defences and Remedies
- Domain names and new technology issues
- The Future of IP
For further details for classes in 2017 send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to join our mailing list or visit our website Intellectual Property Master Class