In this module, participants will be learning how to handle and progress basic business transactions arising during the life and development of a business.
The Learning Outcomes of this core practice area are: –
- Progress common business transactions and advise and take steps relating to the business’s on-going operations
- Advise on entering into contracts on behalf of the business (including issues arising from contracts in which directors have an interest)
- Advise on steps to protect the assets of the business
- Advise on issues arising from basic finance and lending
- Draft notices, agendas and minutes of meetings and complete and file routine statutory forms and maintain and up-date statutory books
- Advise on taxation of profits (income and capital) generated and distributed by the business
- Demonstrate the appreciation of the continuing duties, obligations and liabilities of the business and of its partners, directors and shareholders
- Advise on the options for and claims arising on insolvency (eg bankruptcy, winding up and administration)
- Draft and review documentation to give effect to transactions
Following the completion of this module, participants will be able to
(a) to learn the law relating to common commercial transactions;
(b) to use legal principles to solve problems arising from those transactions; and
(c) to advise clients about those problems in a straightforward, business-like manner.
- Types of Personal Property
- Transfer of Possession
- Transfer of Ownership
- Supply of Personal Property
- Convention of International Sale of Goods (Vienna Convention) Article 67,68,69
- UNIDROIT Principles – Incoterms
- Risk Management and Risk Allocation (Security, Reservation of Title, Insurance, Subrogation)
- Negotiable Instruments – Bills of Exchange, Cheques
For further details or join the mailing list, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our site by clicking here Commercial Transactions – QLTS details.
Details for courses in 2017 will be available soon.